Lafferty recognise the rapidly changing challenges faced by the Life Science sector, challenges around safety, quality, speed to market, and innovation.
Leveraging a suite of fully integrated professional services, Lafferty partner with great businesses in the Life Science sector to deliver successful projects focused on safety, innovation and quality.
Lafferty operate across the entire Life Science sector, namely the Pharmaceutical, Biologics, and MedTech sectors to enable our clients achieve their strategic objectives through outstanding project delivery.
We step forward.
We take ownership, pride and responsibility for the successful delivery of your project, with a commitment to communicating well and often throughout.
We guarantee that the key resources you start your project with, will be the key resources you finish with – bringing the best, highly technical, and most qualified people to each project.
We have 25 years proven experience in uniting teams to tackle complex challenges and deliver success at pace, utilising our in-depth understanding of your sector to ensure safety and quality, and drive innovation at every stage.
At Lafferty, our purpose is to empower great people, to positively impact their environment and so, we want to partner with great people and businesses in the Life Science sector to deliver best in class project delivery services.
We strive to be the best in the business – building strong, collaborative relationships with our clients grounded in trust and transparency. Our goal is to work closely with your business, using our in-depth knowledge of your industry, to enable you and your company achieve success through outstanding project delivery.
Absolute ownership of project challenges driven by a carefully assigned, highly technical and experienced team for the duration of your project – this is our commitment.
Barry is a Chartered Chemical Engineer / Project Manager with over 16 years of experience in the life science sector.
Barry has significant project management experience in the design, construction, qualification and start-up of new facilities, process equipment, cleanroom, clean and black utilities.
Barry is experienced on both consultancy and client-side roles and has an in-depth knowledge of client business needs, the regulatory environment and cGMP guidelines with respect to facility design, construction, and start-up. Barry has strong technical ability with regards to fill finish, oral solid dose, and biologics process equipment, critical utilities, cleanroom and facility layout.
Barry has previously worked with clients such as Genzyme/Sanofi, MSD, EirGen, Norbrook, Alexion, Gilead, Allergan, SK Biotek, Valeant Pharmaceuticals (Bausch + Lomb) and Renew Pharmaceuticals.
“Lafferty Project Managers responded quickly to a request for a feasibility study for a multimillion euro sterile expansion at our facility. Timelines were critical, and professional representations of potential options and budget estimates were essential.
Lafferty Project Managers were great and came to my rescue in a very short timeframe. The study provided the level of detail I needed and with an accuracy that far exceeded my expectations. This allowed us to stay on track toward our ambitions for a potential expansion opportunity.”
Capital Projects Manager
Biopharma, Munster, Ireland
- FF Facility Upgrade | Newry | Project Manager (Design) / Process SME
- API & OSD | Tipperary | Project Manager
- Sterile/FF Manufacturing | Project Manager
- New OSD Facility | Waterford | Project Manager | Senior Project Engineer
- Continuous Improvement, Tech Transfer, NPI Fill Finish, Oral Dose | Multiple Locations | Project Manager | Senior Project Engineer
- Ansaldo Nucleare | Walter Tosto: ITER – Vacuum Vessel | Project Due Diligence | Establishment of Project Recovery Programme
- New Biologics Facility | Grangecastle | Commissioning & Validation Co-ordinator
- New Biologics Facility | Athlone | Overall Project Oversight / Planner
- Biotechnology Campus | Lead Project Controls
- Multi Format Filling Line Facility Expansion | Waterford | Engineering Lead
- New Biologics MS&T & Analytical Facility Build | Dublin | Project Manager (Design)
- New Med Device/ Component Manufacturing Facility Fit-Out | Waterford | Project Manager (Design)
- New Fill Finish (Terminal Sterilisation) Build | Athlone | Process Lead / Project Manager
- FF Formulation, Compounding & Thawing Suites | Waterford | Project Manager (Design)
- R&D OD & Fill Finish Facility | Waterford | CQV Project Manager
- QC Labs Facility | Cork | CQV Project Manager
- Fill Finish Facility Upgrade (New Fill Line) | Waterford | Process Lead / Project Manager (Design)
- Pre-Filled Syringe Facility | Waterford | Commissioning Manager